As of this moment there are a few things I want and need. To start off, my top five wants.
5. A free ride through the rest of undergrad and graduate school. Let’s be honest, I’m not rich and things cost money. Actually, financial security throughout life would be great too.
4. A car. Mostly for reason #1. Plus, it’s a car. Not necessarily a new one, just something I could get around in so I don’t have to mooch off rides or worse yet, be stuck.
3. A letter from my biological family, a picture, a story, a memory. Anything that would tie me to my heritage.
2. A trip to the Galapagos Islands. I was offered a chance under the condition I would have to pay for it. As of now, it’s not clear if the offer still stands, let alone how I’m going to finance it.
1. My biggest want. To see my boyfriend. Not to hear from him in a text, or talk to him over Skype, but to actually see him in person, hug him hold his hand. Feel his warmth as we sit close, staring into his beautiful eyes as he smiles.
What I actually need to get these wants.
5. Money. Scholarship, internship, a great job, low cost of living, decent car, cheap food, make a million dollars every year or so. Win the lottery.
4. Money. And someone selling a decent car at a decent price.
3. A miracle.
2. Money. And a confirmation that the trip is on.
1. A car. Which requires money.
So of my top 5 wants at the moment, four of them require money to happen, and one only requires a miracle. Yeah. Money may be the root of all evil, but it is a currency in which I need in order to fulfill my wants. And I guess in a way, acquiring that much money and keeping it would require a miracle too. So nothing short of miracles. Glad I keep my wants so down to Earth and simple.